Every business needs to promote itself and there are a variety of proven strategies that can be successfully employed to achieve this end. Much of this promotion is now in the digital world, however, for a physical store, one of the best methods is to use pylon signage. Brisbane businesses have been very successful using this type of self-promotion, particularly if they are located in a retail dense area, but is it suitable for your business?
What is pylon signage?
What is pylon signage and how can it benefit your business? Well, the easiest way to describe this type of signage is to simply check out the signs for petrol stations, as well as large, franchised car sales yards (for example Ford, Holden, Motorama, Lexus, Land Rover, and so on). The large rectangular signs you see by the side of the road are pylon signs – freestanding signage that’s elevated on poles so that they catch the eye of drivers as they speed past. This means that these signs need to be big enough and bright enough to attract a driver’s attention from a distance. That’s because pylon signs are often located amongst many other business signs, but due to their size, location and branding they can still be easily distinguished.
At Brisbane Image Group, we use quality materials to design, manufacture and install your business’s pylon signage at your Brisbane site, adhering to all Australian Standards. Our engineering is precise and fully compliant with your local council’s specifications. To ensure that the structure is strong enough it’s made from steel with reinforced concrete footings. Using 3D elements and LED lights, you can make your pylon signage design the most attractive in the street!
Large companies or shopping malls will often have more than one pylon sign, each with more than one internal lightbox and also a design structure that reflects the company’s branding. Smaller businesses may just opt for one internal lightbox with their name and logo on the display. You can also have one-sided or double sided signs that can be mounted on single or double poles.
5 Benefits of pylon signage for your Brisbane business
If you want to promote your business, pylon signs are one of the best strategies you can employ. That’s because they are highly visible, easy to maintain, customisable, memorable and very cost effective for your business.
- Increased visibility: Whether you operate your own business from a physical store, factory or warehouse or you lease the premises to tenants, a pylon sign increases the visibility of the property. It’s a very effective way to attract the attention of both drivers and passers-by, particularly if there are lots of other large signs in the same area or if the property is hidden away down a side street or behind other buildings. These signs can be placed anywhere (as long as they comply with council regulations) and can be made taller than the surrounding signs to grab people’s attention at a distance. Since they can also be backlit as well, they are highly visible at night.
- Easy to maintain: There’s not much you need to do to keep these signs operating day and night, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If your signage includes changeable inserts then you will need to alter these as your promotions change in just the same way that petrol stations used to change the prices on their signs before they started to use programmable digital LED pylon signage in Brisbane. If you decide to include a programmable option as well, then you only need to access your PC or laptop (even your smartphone) to update your signage. Otherwise, you can have signage that always displays the same message, usually your business name, phone number and location. For the location you can have something as simple as “turn next left” – instructions that are very useful for drivers.
- Highly customisable: These signs are a perfect branding opportunity for your company. They can be designed to reflect your company’s branding colours and messaging, and you can select the font to match your brand, making it visible from a distance. At Brisbane Image Group, we can help you design and customise your signage, whether you want a backlit cabinet, programmable LED digital displays or even a rotating sign! Whatever you need, our team of experts can design it for you!
- Memorable: How many times have you heard someway say, “take the next turn after the Ikea sign on the freeway” or something similar? That’s because these large pylon signs are really memorable, particularly if they resonate with people. So whilst some pylon signage acts as a landmark for local residents, they also act as road maps for drivers. That’s one of the big benefits with these signs – they are memorable!
- Cost effective: There’s not many promotional strategies that don’t require ongoing costs, but with these signs you buy them once and that’s it! They are more cost effective than the large billboard signs you see along the freeways, because there’s no time limit on your promotion. They are also long lasting and durable, because they are built to withstand the elements for many years, and they require hardly any maintenance.
Which type of pylon signage is best for your business?
At Brisbane Image Group, we offer five different types of pylon signage: single pole mounted, twin pole mounted, covered poles, custom lightboxes, and programmable pylon signage.
- Single mounted: A good option for small to medium sized businesses, as well as any business that needs to promote their business down a side street or above obstructions.
- Twin mounted: Often used by larger businesses that want to make a really big impression, as the double pole system has a greater load capacity. It’s also ideal if you want to use covered poles to increase the visual appeal of your signage.
- Covered poles: Pole covers can be designed and built to match your branding and give a very streamlined and modern look to your signage. They are used with a twin mounted pole system.
- Custom lightboxes: To make your signage visible at night you need an internal LED system. This can also be used to highlight different businesses within one centre (shopping malls are a good example).
- Programmable: If you want to quickly and easily update your promotional messaging, your best option is to include a programmable digital system. This allows you to change your messages on the fly and advertise spot sales to drivers and pedestrians.
For more information on pylon signage for your business, contact the team at Brisbane Image Group on 0416 673 347 or send us an email enquiry.